Summary: Troubleshoots, repairs, services and maintains material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems and control cabinets for a designated LGSTX Distribution Services US Postal location.
Job Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of controller equipment (hardware/software) is properly conducted.
· Report changes and proposed results to Manager.
· Provide schematics/programming for modification or installation of new projects; determine scheduling and material requirements.
· Ensure motor control centers, power and light distribution, programmable controllers and associated communications equipment (LAN), IDT control terminals and RS-View informational systems are supported, maintained and documented.
· Provide training as required to maintenance personnel on electrical/electronic systems, to include PLC's, IDT, RS-View electronic scales, etc.
· Create programs to generate reports necessary for operational history and statistics to aid coordination of growth.
· Ensure preventative maintenance for electrical/electronic equipment is current and documented.1
· Supports Supervisors with technical advice and recommendations and assists in problem resolution.
· Communicates technical issues to Facilities and Operations management.
· Interface directly with vendors and consultants to ensure proper electrical compatibility and reliability to our system is maintained. Provide necessary information to electrical engineering for project development requirements, interface throughout project completion and taii-up in the field and verify as-built drawing documentation.
· Provide technical and troubleshooting support on company-wide standby generators for other departments as needed.
· Maintains all required paperwork, electronic records and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
· Ensures all equipment is kept in the highest possible state of repair and appearance.
· Follows all LGSTX and/or customer operating procedures.
· Is safety conscious at all times and ensures compliance with all company policies, federal, state and local regulations.
· At least 5 years’ experience maintaining industrial electrical systems up to and including 480 VAC 3 PH, 110 VAC and 24VDC systems and controls, Robotics system and HMI components and AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC’s and PLC Components
· Ability to read schematics, blueprints and logic diagrams; working knowledge of programmable load centers and related components
· Able to demonstrate proficiency in all areas; troubleshoot, repair and program programmable logic controllers, electrical measuring equipment
· Familiar with operation of personal computers (Microsoft Word and Excel) and smart phones app operations.
· Associates degree in electronic technology or related field is preferred.
· The ability to work in partnership with corporate LGSTX teams including Material Handling and Operations Management, Human Resources, Safety and Training.
· The ability to work in a startup operations environment
· Must be able to work flexible hours as needed to support a 24/7 operation
· Ability to pass a federal background check and drug test to access USPS facility
Job Type: Full-time