Position: OJT Mentor
Employee Type: Full-Time
Leads Others: Yes
Required Education: High School, GED
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Travel Required: 15%
Position Close Date: When Filled
Location: Orlando, FL
The OJT Mentor will be responsible for the training, monitoring and tracking of an employee’s progress through their proficiency in each task which will ultimately decide if an employee is fit for full release to work on the floor on their own.
· Monitors assigned shift to ensure that safety is never compromised and reinforces the importance of safety to the trainee.
· Constantly reinforces proper ergonomics to minimize injuries along with strict adherence to appropriate PPE.
· Demonstrates job task’s step by step for the trainee explaining the necessity for each step to ensure a complete understanding of the task.
· Monitors and assist’s the trainee in order to help develop the necessary skills to complete the job task.
· Provides feedback and positive reinforcement in order to help the trainee develop the necessary proficiency required to complete the job task.
· Provides remedial training to those employee’s in need of improvement.
· Completes forklift evaluations to ensure compliance to practice, policy and procedure as well as proficiency.
· Evaluates the trainee and provides daily progress reports to the Training Department.
· Documents training completions and ensures all documentation is correctly filed and training rosters are updated in a timely manner.
· Consistently tracks and reports all training hours as well as safety audits, observations and recommendations.
· Assist’s the leadership team by participating in the pre-shift meetings and delivering safety briefings as well as training updates.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in all applicable Shipping Packer job tasks with a record of safe practices.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to learn to operate a forklift or pallet jack
- Must be in good attendance standing
- Must have good understanding of operations
- Must be willing to present information
- Previous warehouse or distribution experience
- Previous forklift experience
- Ability to mentor and train others